The Department of Public Works (DPW) is responsible for the maintenance and repairs of streets, sidewalks, street signs, village buildings, and all village owned machinery and equipment. Additionally DPW handles snow and ice removal, storm and sanitary sewer infrastructure maintenance, and the daily operation and maintenance of the Village’s water and wastewater systems.
The DPW is available Monday through Thursday from 6:00am to 3:30pm and on Friday 6:00am to 10:00am. The DPW is on call 24/7, so if you have an emergency after hours that requires DPW assistance, you can contact 262-749-1996 anytime.
The village shall provide curb-side chipping services during the months of April through November. brush pick-up will be the first TUESDAY of each month.
To facilitate pickup by the DPW chipping crew please adhere to the following:
1. If you hire a contractor for tree work, your contractor is responsible for all debris removal
2. All brush pile must
a. 3 ½ "in diameter maximum
b. 4' in length minimum
c. Be placed at the side of the roadway with the cut-ends facing the road
d. Not contain any foreign materials/objects (wire, lights, cable, chain etc.)
3. If the above conditions are not met the brush pile will not be picked up
4. Grass clippings, plant material, roots/stumps, sod, dirt, thorns, vines, leaves, and construction materials will not be picked up.
5. Lot clearing is not allowed
6. Brush piles are not to be placed along the side of the road 72 hours prior to the designated brush collection date.
7. 30 minute maximum time limit per residence ($25 per 15 minutes extra)
The village does not provide leaf collection.
Village drop-off compost site
The village drop-off site is at the Village Garage located at 180 George street and is open for drop off from dawn to dusk.
This site it available to Village of Sharon residents only for the disposal of yard waste with no fees charged.
No dumping of logs, concrete, rocks, dirt, metal, ashes
The village will not be responsible for removing any contractor generated material during the curb-side brush collection. There will be no contractor generated waste allowed at the Village of Sharon compost site. Any contractor identified as utilizing the compost area or the curb-side brush collection program shall be subject to a fine.