VILLAGE OF SHARON
WALWORTH COUNTY, WISCONSIN
NOTICE THAT THE ASSESSMENT ROLL IS OPEN
FOR EXAMINATION AND OPEN BOOK
Pursuant to s. 70.45, Wis. Stats. the assessment roll for the Year 2020 assessment will be open for examination starting on the 15th day of April, 2021 at 1 pm to 3 pm.
Additionally the Village assessor, Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc., shall be available on the 15th day of April, 2021 by appointment via telephone, from 1 pm to 3 pm.
Instructional material will be provided at the open book to persons who wish to object to valuations under s. 70.47, Wis. Stats.
Details on making appointments for open book will be provided with assessment notices provided by Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc.
NOTICE OF BOARD OF REVIEW MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Village of Sharon Board of Review will meet on Thursday, May 13, 2021from 4:00-6:00 p.m. in the Village Hall, 125 Plain Street, Sharon, Wisconsin.
Taxpayers requesting a hearing before the Board of Review must submit a written objection form. Objection forms are available at the Village Clerks office during regular business hours. Objection forms that are not complete or accurate will be returned to the taxpayer. All objection forms must be filed with the Village Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 10, 2021.
Pursuant to s. 70.47(2), Wis. Stats.:
- No person shall be allowed to appear before the board of review, to testify to the board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified main of the assessor to view such property.
- After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact, or provide information to, a member of the board about that person’s objection except at a session of the board.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under sec. 70.47(3)(a), that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for removal under sec. 70.47(6m)(a) and if so which member will be removed and the person’s reasonable estimate of the length of time that the hearing will take.
- When appearing before the board, the person shall specify, in writing, the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at the estimate.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone or object to a valuation; if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method; unless the person supplies to the assessor all of the information about income and expenses, as specified in the manual under section 73.03(2a), that the assessor requests, The municipality or county shall provide by ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph and shall provide exceptions for persons using the information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or of the duties of their office or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determines that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right if inspection and copying under section 19.35(1) Wisconsin Statutes.
Respectfully submitted this 10th day of March, 2021.
Village of Sharon
Susan E. Steele